Grilled Tuna with Mediterranean Sauce
The robustly flavored sauce gets its inspiration from olives, tomatoes, and fresh thyme, but is simple to prepare. When the topping is this bold, go with a simple grilled technique for the fish.
More From Coastal Living
Grill: 4 Minutes
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, such as Picholine
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, such as kalamata or oil-cured
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add tomatoes and olives, and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is well blended and tomato juice has reduced slightly. Remove from heat, and stir in thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Sprinkle tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill on greased grill racks 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer tuna steaks to individual plates, and top evenly with tomato-olive mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes