I made this last night with leftover grilled tuna so I didn't marinate with honey mustard. But made the dressing exactly as stated and used baby spinach/arugula mix. I didn't have any oranges so I substituted mango and added the avocado. It was yummy. It looked beautiful and tasted delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to guests. And what a great way to use leftover grilled tuna.
Grilled Tuna Citrus Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 695
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 44g
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tuna steaks, about 6 oz. each*
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces mixed baby greens (3 qts. lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion, such as Walla Walla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut in half-moons
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1. Prepare a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard. Rub tuna with mixture and let marinate at room temperature, 10 minutes.
- 2. Use an oil-soaked paper towel to wipe grill grates. Cook tuna just until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, leaving tuna rare inside. Cut each steak across the grain into 1/4-in.-thick slices.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, the vinegar, and lime juice. In a medium bowl, combine greens, onion, salt, pepper, oranges, avocados, and 2/3 of vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates and arrange tuna slices on top. Serve with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- *Look for troll- or pole-caught Pacific albacore tuna; it's more sustainably fished than longline, and the fish have lower mercury levels. U.S. ahi is next best.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes