Really nice dinner, The walnut oil makes a bit difference in flavor. Nice, light dinner and my kids ate it up too!
Grilled Tuna Over Green Bean, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad
This easy, high-protein meal comes together quickly following an after-work workout. If you exercise at midday, save leftovers for lunch.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 518mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 12 ounces haricots verts
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can unsalted chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 ounce sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 (8-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 2. Combine oil, next 6 ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes; toss. Sprinkle with walnuts, cheese, and olives.
- 3. Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tuna to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Divide bean mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with sliced tuna.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note