- 2 (3/4-pound) dressed freshwater trout, butterflied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle fish with salt. Place open butterflied fillets on a wire rack; place another wire rack on top. Secure racks with wires to clamp fish together (this will prevent fish from breaking apart during grilling).
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in lemon juice. Remove from heat, and stir in Worcestershire sauce. Set aside for basting.
- Place fish on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium-hot coals. Baste once with oil. Grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning often. Baste frequently with butter mixture.
- Carefully remove racks; place fish on a warm serving platter, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This