This is an easy recipe with outstanding results!
Grilled Tri-Tip Roast with Cilantro
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 115
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (2 to 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cilantro sprigs
- 1. Trim and discard excess fat from beef. Cut 1-inch-long slits about 1/2 inch deep and about 1 inch apart over top and bottom of roast.
- 2. Mix soy sauce, chopped cilantro, liquid smoke, oregano, garlic, and pepper.
- 3. Set roast in a rimmed dish and spoon soy mixture into slits. Pour remaining mixture over meat.
- 4. Set roast on a grill above a solid bed of medium-hot coals or on a gas barbecue set on medium-high heat (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds). Cover gas grill. Cook roast, turning once, until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part registers 125° for rare, 20 to 25 minutes total for a 1 1/2- to 2-inch-thick piece.
- 5. Transfer meat to a board and let rest about 5 minutes. Cut across the grain in thin slices. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This