Grilled Tri-Tip with Citrus-Chile Butter
Photo: John Kernick
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 2 (2-lb.) tri-tip steaks*
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- Citrus-Chile Butter
- 3 bunches baby Vidalia or green onions, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Sprinkle steaks with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, 9 to 12 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- 2. Remove from grill, and rub 3 Tbsp. Citrus-Chile Butter onto steaks. Cover steaks with aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss onions with olive oil; season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Grill onions, without grill lid, 2 minutes; turn and grill 1 more minute.
- 4. Uncover steaks, and cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with grilled onions and remaining Citrus-Chile Butter.
- *Beef strip steaks (about 2 inches thick) may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This