I couldn't find yellow tomatoes, so used local Jersey and this was very good. The tomatoes get soggy fast, so I removed from skewers when done and kept in the warmer until we ate. I'd love to try it with the yellow, I'm sure they're beautiful!
Grilled Tomatoes with Basil Vinaigrette
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Catherine A. Pittman
Serve these with grilled fish or chicken, or make them part of a colorful veggie plate.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 109mg
- 3 yellow tomatoes
- 3 red tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Cut tomatoes in half; thread onto skewers, alternating colors. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 10 minutes, turning skewers often.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and basil; drizzle over kabobs. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Tomatoes with Basil Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables