As suggested by the previous reviewer, we also drizzled olive oil and added grilled red onions. I used two peaches instead of one and a little extra basil since I had it to spare. This pizza was excellent! I also think it would be good with a small amount of pesto.
Grilled Tomato-Peach Pizza
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- Garnishes: coarsely ground pepper, olive oil
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium) heat.
- 2. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; let stand 15 minutes. Pat tomatoes dry with paper towels.
- 3. Grill peach slices, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 4. Place dough on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat dough with cooking spray. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness (about 14 inches in diameter). Slide pizza dough from baking sheet onto cooking grate.
- 5. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn dough over, and reduce temperature to 250° to 300° (low) heat; top with tomatoes, grilled peaches, and mozzarella. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Arrange basil leaves over pizza. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This