Grilled Tomato-Eggplant Pizza
Building a homemade pizza? For a light bite on the deck or patio, grill the toppings and the pizza for fire-roasted flavor! As an easy, savory topper, use canned diced tomatoes, flavored with herbs. Canned tomatoes deliver great year-round flavor as a pizza topper, and their beta-carotene and lycopene deliver more good nutrition!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 3/4-inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pre-baked, whole-wheat pizza crust (10 ounces) or 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and basil, drained
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) chopped black olives with jalapeos
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or crumbled feta cheese, or a combination of both
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grill eggplant over a medium-high fire for about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly, until soft and cooked through.
- Brush pizza crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Layer grilled eggplant, tomatoes and black olives over crust. Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Put pizza on grill; lower lid. Grill until the cheese melts.
- Servings: 5
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 330; Total fat 17g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 2mg; Sodium 680mg; Carbohydrate 39g; Fiber 8g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 15%DV (calculated with undrained tomatoes.)
- *Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Tomato-Eggplant Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes