- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) French bread baguette slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Brush both sides of bread with oil. Grill 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side or until toasted.
Toss together tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; serve over bread slices.