If you slice the tomatoes and then marinade them in a mixture containing some olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and a chopped up clove of garlic for a few minutes, it adds so much flavor to the sandwich. Also, after the sandwich is cooked, cut a clove of garlic in half and rub the side that was cut on both pieces of bread. It makes a big difference. I also skipped the dijon because the bread and tomatoes added enough flavor. Try the sandwich this way, it's amazing.
Grilled Tomato and Brie Sandwiches
These grilled tomato and brie sandwiches make the most of juicy, flavorful summer tomatoes. Serve with grapes or carrot sticks.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 445mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups packaged baby arugula and spinach greens (such as Dole)
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices beefsteak tomato
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill to high heat.
- 2. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil; rub cut sides of garlic over oil. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each of 4 bread slices, oil side down. Top each bread slice with 1 ounce cheese, 1/3 cup greens, and 2 tomato slices. Top each with remaining 4 bread slices, oil side up.
- 3. Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted and cheese melts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches