Although this recipe is introduced as having Spanish inspiration it has always been one of our favorites in my extended Italian family. Mama made it for us as after-school snacks with freshly baked bread from the baker down the street, still warm from the oven. I will say, however, that it was never thought of as a side, just a wonderful snack anytime of day or evening. Yum!
Grilled Tomato Bread
Photo: Buff Strickland; Stylist: Olga Naiman
More From Coastal Living
- 2 (16-ounce) baguettes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- Grill baguette slices over medium-hot heat 3 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with olive oil, and rub with cut sides of garlic and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt to taste. Slice baguettes into serving pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads