Grilled Tomato and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 15 minutes, Stand: 10 minutes.
This recipe goes with Hoppin' John Cakes with Grilled Tomato and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped into 3 or 4 large pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Prepare black-eyed peas according to package directions until crisp-tender.
- 2. Place tomato halves cut side up and red bell pepper pieces on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Let stand 10 minutes. Chop tomatoes, and place in a medium bowl with their juices. Dice red bell pepper, and add to tomato. Stir in black-eyed peas and remaining ingredients. Store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days or until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Tomato and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This