This was quite a tasty recipe, but it took way longer than 10 mins for the broth/juice/wine sauce to reduce. I'm not sure if it was the wine I was using (I rarely ever drink rosé so I was unfamiliar and selected one that was more sweet than dry) or the altitude (I live above 6,000 ft), but for me, it took about 45 mins. I'd also recommend salting the eggplant to reduce bitterness. I'd make this again, but only if I have time to start preparing a couple hours in advance. Not great for a weeknight.
Grilled Tofu with Ratatouille Vegetables
This attractive, summery barbecue dish combines the vegetables of the famous Provençal stew with meaty grilled tofu If you don't care to use the wine, use an additional 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Calcium: 296mg
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry rosÃ© wine
- 2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into 8 (3/4-inch-thick) slices
- 3 small eggplants, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 3 small zucchini, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 small tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until slightly syrupy and reduced to 1/3 cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; cool. Stir in olive oil and next 4 ingredients (through garlic).
- 3. Place tofu and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Brush half of juice mixture over tofu and vegetables; grill for 4 minutes. Turn tofu and vegetables over; brush with remaining juice mixture. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown and tender.
- 4. Combine basil, parsley, and thyme. Divide vegetables and tofu equally among 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon herb mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note