Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwiches
You can use other cheeses in place of the Swiss and Cheddar, but keep the blue cheese because of the sharp flavor and crumbly texture it contributes to the mixture. The carbo rating will remain the same, no matter which cheeses you use. Because of all the cheese, this sandwich provides about one-third of your daily calcium requirement.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- Calcium: 340mg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 8 (1-ounce) slices low-carb multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel & Brown)
- 1. Preheat griddle.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well. Spread cheese mixture evenly over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
- 3. Spread tops of sandwiches evenly with half of yogurt-based spread. Place sandwiches, spread side down, on a medium-hot griddle (325°). Cook 5 minutes or until bottom bread slices are lightly browned. Spread remaining yogurt-based spread on tops of sandwiches; turn sandwiches. Cook 5 minutes or until bottom bread slices are lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Note: These sandwiches were analyzed with a multigrain bread that has 7 grams of carbohydrate and 4 grams of fiber per 1-ounce slice.
- carbo rating: 9
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note