Love the combo of pineapple and teriyaki sauce. I'd like the sauce to be a bit thicker so it sticks to the kebab better, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing. Served mine with rice and a fresh salad for a MyPlate worthy meal.
Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs
Tender and juicy, shrimp are a quick pick for a fresh meal. These brightly flavored kebabs feature chunks of fresh pineapple, teriyaki sauce, shrimp, and red onions. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus for a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 48 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 32 (1-inch) pieces cubed fresh pineapple (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare sauce, combine teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- To prepare kebabs, thread 6 shrimp, 4 pineapple chunks, and 1 onion wedge alternately onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with teriyaki mixture. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning once.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes