- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 48 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 32 (1-inch) pieces cubed fresh pineapple (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- calories 254
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 35.6 g
- carbohydrate 17.6 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 259 mg
- iron 4.6 mg
- sodium 514 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
To prepare kebabs, thread 6 shrimp, 4 pineapple chunks, and 1 onion wedge alternately onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with teriyaki mixture. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning once.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.