- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- fat 10.5 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 27.2 g
- carbohydrate 10.4 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 385 mg
- calcium 85 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill or broiler.
Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, zucchini, and next 5 ingredients (zucchini through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
Place the tenderloin steaks on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place the zucchini and yellow squash on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Place the tomato and onions on grill rack or broiler pan; cook 2 minutes or just until tender.
Coarsely chop the vegetables, and place in a bowl. Add pesto; stir gently. Serve with steaks. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.