Really great recipe! Very straight forward and yummy :)
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 32.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 181mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and red pepper to pan; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove from pan; cool.
- 2. Place onion and next 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Add spice mixture, 1/2 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons juice, and 1 3/4 teaspoons salt to onion mixture; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Cut 3 shallow slits in each chicken thigh. Add chicken to bag, and seal. Toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Combine remaining 2 cups yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill.
- 5. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This