Grilled Szechuan Duck Breast
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 41.9g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 213mg
- Iron: 7.2mg
- Sodium: 532mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce with garlic (such as Kame)
- 2 (14-ounce) packages boneless whole duck breasts, thawed
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Prepare grill; set to medium heat.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove duck from bag, reserving marinade. Sprinkle meat side of breasts with spice powder; place breasts on grill rack, skin side up. Cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved marinade and broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 4 minutes).
- Carefully remove skin from breasts; cut each breast in half. Cut each breast half into 1/2-inch-thick slices; arrange duck onto each plate. Spoon sauce over duck; sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes