Grilled Swordfish Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
- About 30 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1. Light the grill or heat the broiler. Thread the fish cubes alternately with the bay leaves onto four large skewers. Put the kabobs on a plate and brush them all over with 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- 2. On a large plate, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper. Holding the kabobs over the plate, pat the crumbs onto the exposed sides of the fish. Drizzle with the oil left on the first plate and sprinkle with any crumbs that didn't stick.
- 3. Grill the kabobs over low to moderately low heat or broil them, brushing with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, until the bread crumbs are golden and the fish is just done, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Wine Recommendation: A medium-bodied pinot noir from Oregon or California or a Bourgogne Rouge from France, will be ideal with swordfish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes