The poblano gives a punch.
Grilled Sweet Potato-Poblano Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargrett
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds small sweet potatoes
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh mâche
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- 2. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Coat potatoes with cooking spray.
- 3. Grill potatoes, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Gently toss warm potatoes with poblano and Cilantro Vinaigrette. Arrange mâche on a serving platter, and sprinkle with queso fresco and cranberries. Top with sweet potato mixture, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads