Grilled Sweet Potato, Orange, and Chickpea Salad
Enjoy the benefits of Grilled Sweet Potato, Orange, and Chickpea Salad. Not only is this salad great-tasting, orange and yellow foods, such and the ones in this salad, boast carotenoids like geta-carotene, which is a type of vitamin A that boosts your immune system. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 299mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1. Microwave potatoes on high for 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel and slice potatoes 1/2-inch thick; reserve.
- 2. With a sharp knife, remove peel and thick white pith from oranges; reserve juice in a bowl. Halve and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick half moons, reserving juice. Transfer 3 tablespoons of collected juice into a bowl; whisk in vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt; reserve.
- 3. Spray grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high until hot. Cook potatoes until grill marks appear, turning once (3-5 minutes per batch).
- 4. In a large serving bowl, toss potatoes with chickpeas, oranges, scallions, and dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note