Wow! A terrific salad! I cut the two pounds peeled sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch "fries"; tossed with the oil, salt, and pepper; roasted the sweet potatoes on a jelly roll pan in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Then I prepared half the recipe as there were just two of us. I used toasted pine nuts instead of the pumpkin seeds. It was so good my husband asked that I make it again the following night as the sweet potatoes were roasted. Finally, he asked if I would prepare it putting the dressing in a separate container so he could take it to work and share with his staff.
Grilled Sweet Potato and Napa Cabbage Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
To save time, you could also cook the pumpkin seeds in a skillet directly on the grill.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-high and leaving one side with no heat.
- 2. Peel potatoes, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Combine potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss.
- 3. Place potatoes on grill rack over unheated side; close lid. Cook 12 minutes on each side or until tender. Move potatoes to heated side; grill 2 minutes on each side or until charred.
- 4. Combine 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, juice, and next 4 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a large bowl. Slice potato slices into strips. Add potatoes, cabbage, and remaining ingredients to bowl; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note