loved this. We gilled the sweet potato on a weber with wood coals. The flavor was fantastic. It took a little longer than suggested in the recipe, but it wasn't a very hot fire. Served with some sausages we got at the farmer's market and a baguette. Great meal.
Grilled Sweet Potato and Napa Cabbage Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-high and leaving one side with no heat.
- 2. Peel potatoes, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Combine potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss.
- 3. Place potatoes on grill rack over unheated side; close lid. Cook 12 minutes on each side or until tender. Move potatoes to heated side; grill 2 minutes on each side or until charred.
- 4. Combine 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, juice, and next 4 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a large bowl. Slice potato slices into strips. Add potatoes, cabbage, and remaining ingredients to bowl; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note