We really liked this. We used a tablespoon of the sauce and mixed it with some diced beets and sesame seeds and served that on the side instead of the mango slaw. We also used the sauce as a marinade and applied it while grilling the chicken breasts instead of reserving it. Also grilled some broccoli and served it all with leftover quinoa. Anyway... the nutritional information I got for the chicken (which is probably a little high because we didn't use all the sauce: Calories 376 Calories from Fat 98 Total Fat 10.8g Saturated Fat 3.0g Cholesterol 130mg Sodium 586mg Total Carbohydrates 22.1g Sugars 21.9g Protein 42.6g
Grilled Sweet Chili Chicken With Mango-Cucumber Slaw
More From Southern Living
Grill: 12 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons FLORIDA'S NATURAL Premium Brand Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper*
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 PILGRIM'S PRIDE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Mango-Cucumber Slaw
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted USA-GROWN PEANUTS (optional)
- 1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl until blended. Remove and reserve half of sweet chili sauce mixture.
- 2. Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium heat (300° to 350°). Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray, and place on cooking grate. Grill chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done, basting with sweet chili sauce mixture during last few minutes on each side.
- 3. Divide Mango-Cucumber Slaw evenly among 4 serving plates, topping each with 1 chicken breast. Drizzle with reserved half of sweet chili sauce mixture, and, if desired, sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
- * 1 tsp. sambal oelek may be substituted for minced jalapeño. Sambal oelek is an Indonesian chili sauce that can be found in the ethnic aisle of the supermarket.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Maggi Taste of Asia Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
2006 Cook-Off Finalist.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This