Great recipe - very easy to put together and the flavors do not disappoint. The sauce is amazing!! We had it with grilled bok choy. Delicious...
Grilled Sweet-and-Sour Scallops
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Garnish: green onion strips
- Stir together rice wine and grated fresh ginger.
- Place scallops in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add wine mixture; cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- Soak 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers in warm water 30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring 1/4 cup brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, minced garlic, and, if desired, red pepper to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat, and set aside.
- Remove scallops from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread scallops 1/2 inch apart onto skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush scallops with brown sugar sauce, and serve immediately with remaining sauce. Serve scallops over hot cooked rice with chopped fresh parsley. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This