This has been my go-to recipe for grilling squash since it was first published. I have probably made it at least 10 times and while simple, it is well received. My 3-year-old and 5-year-old ate it happily tonight and adults like it too. It looks (and is) so simple but the results are really outstanding.
Grilled Summer Squash
You can use either all yellow squash or zucchini, but the dish is prettiest with a combination of the two.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 squash halves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 202mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make 3 diagonal cuts 1/4-inch deep across cut side of each squash and zucchini half. Place squash and zucchini halves, cut sides down, in baking dish. Marinate squash and zucchini at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove squash and zucchini from marinade, and discard marinade. Place squash and zucchini on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables