Grilled Summer Herb and Olive Focaccia Recipe
Served Cut In Half: 0 Minute
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh chopped Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) Kalamata olives
- non stick cooking spray
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) quick rising yeast ( 1 package )
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) warm water
- 1 cup(s) whole whear flour
- 1. In a food processor with a bread blade, combine both flours, the yeast, salt and sugar. Pulse to mix.
- 2. Combine 1 teaspoon oil and the water in a measuring cup. With the food processor running, gradually pour the liquid through the feed tube. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional warm water. Process until the dough forms a ball, then process for 1 minute more to knead.
- 3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes before rolling.
- 4. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut dough into four pieces and roll out into circles. Sprinkle each piece of dough with some olives, fold in half, then in quarters to incorporate the olives into the dough. Roll each ball out again into a circle and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise at room
- temperature for 20 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, heat a gas grill to high on one side and medium-low on the other.
- 6. Set 2 dough circles on the hot side of the grill and cook until the underside is golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Keep a close eye on the color, as grill temperatures vary widely.
- 7. Using tongs, flip the crusts to the cooler side of the grill, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with some of the herbs and close the lid of the grill. Cook, rotating once or twice, until hot and crisp. Repeat with the remaining dough, olive oil and herbs. Cut each focaccia in half to serve.
- Jim Romanoff, Associated Press
- Per serving: 158 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 1 g fiber, 407 mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by trb70usa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note