Made this for casual bbq party with good friends, they loved it. It's simple and fun to have dessert on the grill instead of heating up the house in the summer.
Grilled Summer Fruit Cobbler
Photo: David Hillegas; Styling: Lydia Degaris-Pursell
More From Coastal Living
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) sliced peaches
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) blackberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until well blended. Pour into a buttered 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form. Add cream, and stir just until mixture forms a soft dough. Spoon topping over berry mixture.
- 3. Grill, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is cooked through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts