Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 6 medium tomatoes, halved and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¾ cups baguette or sourdough bread, ½ inch cubes
- ¼ pound pancetta, diced, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade (in thin strips or shreds)
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- kosher salt
- Prepare tomatoes and set aside. In a sauté pan over medium high heat, melt butter and add garlic. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Add bread cubes and pancetta and mix to coat well with butter and garlic mixture. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan, basil, parsley and chili flakes. Add cooled bread cubes and mix well. Season tomato halves with kosher salt and fill with stuffing mixture, about ⅛ rounded cup per tomato half.
- Bring grill to medium high heat and grill tomato halves for 8-10 minutes. Remove and serve immediately or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers