Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Grill Time: 8 Minutes
- 2 pt. miniature sweet peppers
- 12 to 14 hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1 (8-oz.) container garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- 8 (5- x 3-inch) disposable aluminum loaf pans
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Cut 1/2 inch from stem end of each pepper. Remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- 2. Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Microwave, in 2 batches, at HIGH 90 seconds or until bacon is partially cooked.
- 3. Spoon cheese into a 1-qt. zip-top plastic bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe cheese into cavity of each pepper, filling almost full.
- 4. Place 1 bacon half over cut side of each pepper, securing with a wooden pick.
- 5. Carefully cut 3 (1-inch) holes in bottom of each loaf pan. Turn pans upside down; place peppers, cut sides up, in holes in pans.
- 6. Grill peppers, in pans, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 6 to 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and bacon is crisp.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Cover and chill peppers 4 hours. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note