Grilled Stuffed Peppers
This method and cooking time works equally as well with jalapeños, but we found the heat level of those peppers to be too unpredictable for everyone to enjoy.
More From Southern Living
Grill Time: 8 Minutes
- 2 pt. miniature sweet peppers
- 12 to 14 hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1 (8-oz.) container garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- 8 (5- x 3-inch) disposable aluminum loaf pans
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Cut 1/2 inch from stem end of each pepper. Remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- 2. Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Microwave, in 2 batches, at HIGH 90 seconds or until bacon is partially cooked.
- 3. Spoon cheese into a 1-qt. zip-top plastic bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe cheese into cavity of each pepper, filling almost full.
- 4. Place 1 bacon half over cut side of each pepper, securing with a wooden pick.
- 5. Carefully cut 3 (1-inch) holes in bottom of each loaf pan. Turn pans upside down; place peppers, cut sides up, in holes in pans.
- 6. Grill peppers, in pans, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 6 to 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and bacon is crisp.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Cover and chill peppers 4 hours. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers