Oh my are these good! This recipe is high on the list of favorite appetizers when company comes and we are grilling. I also made these for my vegetarian son and left out the bacon, he loved them (I left the seeds in for him). You won't have any left overs!
Grilled Stuffed Jalapeños
The rich and creamy combination of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar nicely contrasts the muted spice of grilled jalapeño peppers. This appetizer recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular breaded and fried version.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 157mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring to combine. Divide cheese evenly and fill the pepper halves. Place peppers, cheese side up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Place the peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
If making these poppers for a party, you can stuff the peppers, cover, and chill. Then grill just before your guests arrive.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers