Grilled Stone Fruit With Balsamic Glaze and Manchego
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 fruit halves, 1/4 ounce manchego, and about 2 teaspoons glaze)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 31mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 cup Zinfandel wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
- 1. Preheat a clean grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- 2. Stir together the wine and the brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then gently simmer 25–30 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to about 3 tablespoons and creates a thick glaze.
- 3. Lightly brush stone-fruit halves with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fruit, cut side down, 1 minute on each side. Transfer to 4 plates.
- 4. Drizzle fruit with glaze, and top each serving with 1/4 of the pieces of cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note