- 1 cup Zinfandel wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
- calories 116
- fat 4 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 31 mg
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Preheat a clean grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Stir together the wine and the brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then gently simmer 25–30 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to about 3 tablespoons and creates a thick glaze.
Lightly brush stone-fruit halves with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fruit, cut side down, 1 minute on each side. Transfer to 4 plates.
Drizzle fruit with glaze, and top each serving with 1/4 of the pieces of cheese.