- 1 can (2 oz.) oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 4 boned beef rib-eye or New York strip steaks (3/4 to 1 in. thick; about 2 1/2 lbs. total)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 pound celery stalks (about 4 large), ends and leaves trimmed
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- calories 761
- caloriesfromfat 63 %
- protein 63 g
- fat 54 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 5.3 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 595 mg
- cholesterol 246 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to medium-high (450°). Put anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and juice, chile flakes, oil, and salt to taste in a blender and blend until smooth.
Put steaks on a rimmed baking sheet and coat all over with 5 tbsp. anchovy dressing. Set aside.
Toast almonds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring or tossing often, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, slice celery very thinly on the diagonal and put in a large bowl.
Grill steaks, covered, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Meanwhile, hold parsley bunch like a bouquet, turn it upside down, and whack off leaves with a sharp knife. Remove coarse stems and add leaves to celery.
Toss celery, parsley, and almonds with all but 1 tbsp. dressing. Drizzle steaks with remaining dressing and serve with salad.