I used the marinade for a flat iron steak, marinated for 1 1/2 hours, and it was delicious! So easy with just two ingredients in the marinade. I will use recipe again.
Grilled Steaks Balsamico
These delicious steaks won top honors at the National Beef Cook-Off. We served the cheese sauce in hollowed-out lemon halves.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless beef chuck-eye steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container buttery garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- Process vinaigrette and preserves in a blender until smooth. Place steaks and vinaigrette mixture in a shallow dish or a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill at least 2 hours. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to a serving platter, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Heat cheese in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, 2 to 4 minutes or until melted. Serve cheese sauce with steaks.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alouette Garlic + Herbs Spreadable Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note