This was an amazing dish.....although I made it with top sirloin since they were out of flank steak! The salsa was outstanding and would be good on just about anything. Will definitely make again-soon!
Grilled Steak with Fresh Mango Salsa
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 251mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flat-iron or flank steak
- 1 cup diced peeled fresh mango (about 1)
- 1/4 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients; rub evenly over both sides of steak. Let steak stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine mango and next 5 ingredients (through dash of salt); cover and chill.
- 4. Lightly coat both sides of steak with cooking spray. Place steak on grill rack; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note