The sauce was a bit over powered by the parsley. I added more capers and little more anchovie. My kids rated it a 5 (in our house that means please don't make this again!) My husband and I on the other hand liked it and gave it a 3! I don't think I will make it again though. To many other good receipes here!
Grilled Steak with Caper-Herb Sauce
Serve a simple steak dinner with grilled garlic bread to soak up every last drop of the flavorful caper-herb sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 295mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 canned anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
- Grilled garlic bread: Grill 4 slices French bread 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Brush each slice with 1 teaspoon olive oil; rub with halved garlic clove.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note