Grilled Steak with Caper-Herb Sauce
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 canned anchovy fillet, chopped
- calories 194
- fat 13 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 7.3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 16.3 g
- carbohydrate 2.4 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 42 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 295 mg
- calcium 45 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Grilled garlic bread: Grill 4 slices French bread 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Brush each slice with 1 teaspoon olive oil; rub with halved garlic clove.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.