- 4 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- Cooking spray
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- calories 356
- fat 24 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 13.7 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 561 mg
- calcium 93 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine tofu, 1 tablespoon chives, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic in a blender; blend until smooth. With blender running, drizzle in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Coat tomato slices with cooking spray. Place tomato slices on grill; grill 2 minutes on each side. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add tomato and shallot to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden and toasted, stirring occasionally. Drizzle chile oil over crumbs; toss to coat.
Spread 2 tablespoons tofu puree in a circle on each of 4 plates. Divide tomato slices among plates. Cut steaks across the grain into thin slices; arrange slices on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon toasted breadcrumb mixture and 3/4 teaspoon chives.