Terrific & easy idea for grilled vegetables. Cooked to directions (except removed skins from red pepper) and dressed using a very good home-made pesto. Served with CL's herbed pork tenderloin & ciabatta rolls. Excellent summer meal.
Grilled Steak and Summer Vegetables with Pesto
Grilling the meat and vegetables at the same time gets dinner on the table quickly. For more vegetable options, try grilling asparagus, portobello mushroom caps, and corn on the cob, too.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and 1 cup vegetable mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 583mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- 1 pound lean boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 4 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut steak into 1/4-inch slices. Place zucchini and squash on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place bell peppers and onions on grill rack or broiler pan; cook 2 minutes or just until tender.
- Coarsely chop vegetables; place in a bowl. Add pesto; stir gently. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note