I also mixed everything together, but if I was doing this for company, I'd probably keep them separate, not just so folks can pick and choose but because the whole thing gets a bit goopey...especially after a day or two of being in the fridge. Actually, this really doesn't work that well for the single cook, although I dug the use of arugula...man, I do love me some arugula. Also, for the rub, I'd leave the garlic out of the dry spice mix altogether and just rub a couple of sliced garlic halves over the steak before adding the rub, otherwise the garlic messes up the texture of the rub pretty badly, and I'd only add 1 TBSP of coriander. Oh, and just a reminder to myself and everyone else: flank steak should be cooked on high heat. Don't let those coals burn down to medium or you could end up slow cooking your flank steak into a rubbery and overcooked waste of meat.
Grilled-Steak Soft Tacos
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 397
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.3g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 8 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced seeded jalapeño pepper (about 4 peppers)
- 8 lime wedges
- Combine lime juice and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag, and seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Combine cumin and next 4 ingredients (cumin through garlic); rub over both sides of steak.
- Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place on a cutting board; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Place corn on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cut kernels from ears of corn; discard cobs.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide steak evenly among tortillas; top each serving with about 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup arugula, 1/4 cup onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons tomato, 2 tablespoons avocado, and 1 tablespoon jalapeño. Fold tortillas in half. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes