Grilled Steak Salad with Green Beans and Blue Cheese
Stand: 5 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) slender green beans, trimmed
- 6 cup(s) arugula (about 6 ounces)
- 4 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 cup(s) pitted kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 3 8- to 9- ounce(s) Angus Beef New York strip steaks
- 1 cup(s) blue cheese crumbles
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Immediately plunge into ice water. Drain when cooled.
- 2. Preheat grill pan or grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). In a large bowl combine beans, arugula, tomatoes and olives. For dressing, whisk together ½ cup of the oil plus vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Brush steaks with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place steaks on grill. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into strips.
- 4. Toss green bean salad with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place salad on 6 individual plates. Top with steak strips, sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note