Have made this dish twice to rave reviews from the family.
Grilled Steak-and-Ratatouille Salad with Basil-Garlic Vinaigrette
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 (8-oz.) beef tenderloin fillets
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 small yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 small eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- Basil-Garlic Vinaigrette
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-oz.) package romaine lettuce heart leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Sprinkle fillets with pepper and salt, and let stand 15 minutes. Toss squash, zucchini, and eggplant with 3 Tbsp. Basil-Garlic Vinaigrette.
- 2. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks, and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, grill vegetable mixture, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Add tomato halves during last 6 minutes of grilling time, and grill 3 minutes on each side or until softened and warm.
- 4. Coarsely chop grilled vegetables, and toss together. Cut steak into thin slices. Fan romaine leaves onto a serving platter. Top with grilled vegetables and steak slices; drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette.
- Note: We tested with Organic Girl Romaine Heart Leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes