Grilled Steak and Potato Salad
I make this salad when I'm craving the taste of a grilled steak but trying to cut calories. I love the flavor and crispiness of roasted potatoes, but since the grill is already fired up, you can simply brush the potatoes with olive oil, season, and grill about 3 to 4 minutes per side, if you prefer.
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) strip steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs (about 2 tablespoons), divided
- 1/2 pound red new potatoes (about 8 small potatoes), cut in half
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 (5-ounce) bag mixed baby greens, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Coat steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Rub 1 teaspoon pepper and half of rosemary onto both sides; let stand about 30 minutes.
- 2. Toss potato with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary, and add sea salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Grill bell pepper and onion, uncovered, over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Season steak on both sides with sea salt. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from hottest part of grill, and cook, covered, another 4 to 5 minutes or until temperature registers 130° for medium rare. Remove steak from grill; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. (Meat will continue to cook.)
- 4. Slice steak into 1/2-inch slices, and toss with potato, grilled vegetables, baby greens, cilantro, and Mustard Vinaigrette. Divide evenly onto plates. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes