Super-easy, the simple no-cook prep makes the final grill-to-table fast and easy. This is a great summer meal, would be perfect for a bbq party, doubled for 8. Made to recipe using sirloin (on sale) and garlic ciabatta, no oil spray needed. Very good.
Grilled Steak Panzanella with Pickled Vegetables
Use the bottom part of ciabatta for this salad. The crusty, flat surface is easier to grill and provides more crunch. Don't skip the delicious pickled vegetable topping--it's earthy, crunchy, sweet-sour, and welcome in every bite.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 22.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 25.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut radishes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4-ounce) piece ciabatta (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) flatiron steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups baby spinach and arugula mixture
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves. Add onion, carrot, and radishes; toss well. Let stand 30 minutes; drain.
- 3. Combine olive oil, garlic, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes; set aside.
- 4. Lightly coat the bread with cooking spray. Place bread on grill rack, and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until crisp. Sprinkle the steak evenly with paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Cut each slice in half.
- 5. Cut the bread into (1-inch) cubes. Add bread, greens, steak, and basil to tomato mixture; toss well. Top with carrot mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes