I changed up a bit - substituted cherry tomatoes instead of avocado and grapefruit, and homemade buttermilk dressing from Cook's Illustrated. Grilled corn was wonderful. Delicious, will definietly make this again.
Grilled Steak-Corn-Spinach Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds rib-eye steak
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 red grapefruit, sectioned
- Bottled peppercorn Ranch dressing
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Rub steak with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and next 3 ingredients. Brush corn with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 2. Grill steaks and corn at the same time, covered with grill lid, 7 to 8 minutes, turning steak once and turning corn every 4 to 5 minutes. Let steak stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, hold each grilled cob upright on a cutting board, and carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from cob. Discard cobs. Thinly slice steak.
- 4. Layer spinach, grilled corn kernels, steak, avocados, and grapefruit on serving plates. Serve with bottled Ranch dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes