Fast. Easy. Delicious! I substituted roasted red pepper for fresh, sauteed the onions and squid and served the whole thing over linguine. I do agree with a previous reviewer about too much sauce... next time will cut sauce in half and try sundried tomatoes in place of red peppers. Either way I will be making this again soon!
Grilled Squid with Lemon Caper Sauce
This colorful salad is a favorite on the Aeolian Islands off the northeastern coast of Sicily. Many of the seafood, vegetable, and pasta dishes on these islands, as in the rest of Sicily, call for locally produced salted capers, which have a more decisive flavor than capers packed in brine. Look for salted capers in Italian markets; rinse thoroughly before using. Serve salad with grilled bread.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 264mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1/3 cup pitted Sicilian or other green olives
- 3 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound cleaned skinless squid
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon oil in a food processor, and process until smooth. With processor on, slowly add water through the food chute; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add bell pepper and onion, and set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil and squid; toss well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over squid. Place squid on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until done, turning once. Cut squid into thin strips; add to olive mixture, tossing to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Squid with Lemon Caper Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads