My husband loved it! Used salsa verde from a jar, and it was a quick easy way to jazz up a staple veggie.
Grilled Squash and Salsa Verde
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Grilled Squash and Salsa Verde puts an end to boring vegetable side dishes! Pepitas, goat cheese, and homemade Salsa Verde jazz up this simple veggie.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 or 5 assorted medium squash (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raw, unsalted, shelled pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Cut squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss with olive oil and salt. Grill 10 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- 2. Place squash on a serving platter. Top with pepitas, salsa, and goat cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note