- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced thengthwise on a mandoline
- 2 medium yellow squash, very thinly sliced thengthwise on a mandoline
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
How to Make It
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the mint, garlic and the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Alternately thread the zucchini, yellow squash and prosciutto onto 4 pairs of 12-inch bamboo skewers. Lightly brush the vegetables and prosciutto with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Grill the skewers over high heat until the zucchini and yellow squash are lightly charred, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve with the mint dressing on the side.
Variation This dish is also excellent as a room-temperature pasta salad. Boil the pasta of your choice until al dente, then toss with olive oil and let cool slightly. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the grilled zucchini, yellow squash and prosciutto and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the pasta and mint dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.